Fort Collins Read Aloud is a non-profit 501(c)3 agency established to promote activities that influence language development and school readiness in young children.
Fort Collins Read Aloud’s mission is to encourage, educate, and empower the communities of Larimer County with the tools necessary to ensure lifetime literacy for children. Their vision is 100% literacy in Larimer County.
Barton School Early Childhood Center
703 E. Prospect Rd., Fort Collins, CO 80525
In order to see this vision of 100% literacy in Larimer County, they send out armies of volunteers. These generous people love books and want to share reading with children. Volunteers are placed with children in elementary schools to start a reading relationship once a week or once every two weeks. Many studies have found that reading aloud to a child for at least fifteen minutes a day will better prepare children to be lifelong learners.
Fort Collins Read Aloud is always looking for volunteers to do the following:
- Fundraising — ongoing.
- In-kind donations — printing, prizes for auctions and raffles, etc.; ongoing.
- Board Member — meet once a month.
- Assist with Read Aloud presentations — periodically.
- Community Outreach — ongoing.
- Book drives — new or gently used books, primarily for ages 0-5 years old; ongoing.